Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Letting go...

Dear James,

Today at the playground I let you go down the big, windy slide by yourself for the very first time. I climbed up behind you to the very top, and the hardest part was just letting you go because it seemed like such a long way to go all by yourself. But once I did, you had so much fun and you were so proud of yourself! We clapped and cheered, and you climbed back up the stairs and did it over and over again. You're almost 18 months old and already there have been so many moments like that one. Moments of letting you do it on your own - letting you go, little by little. And motherhood is certainly about trying to find the balance between knowing when to let go and when to hold on. It's such a tough but wonderful, worthy calling! And even on the days that I get yet another glimpse of how quickly you are growing and I feel my heart ache, I know that I would climb mountains and swim oceans for the very privilege of being your Mama. Thank you for letting me hold you close, and thank you for being patient in the moments that it takes me a really long time to let go. But I do them both, because I love you!

Love, Mama

P.S. And if you were wondering, I was nearby the whole time. And I always will be - just incase you ever need me.



1 comment:

Laura said...

So sweet! I love the new pic and background, too:)