I read this post today on one of the blogs that I follow and just wanted to share it as well. Same, More, Different
It was one of those posts that left me with a huge lump in my throat trying to fight back the tears, and it may have the same impact on you as well (especially if you are a mother of a little boy or a mother to a little boy all grown up). I especially loved the perspective and the reminder of the importance of my role as my son's mother: "We try, even in the middle of our sinfulness, to give our sons a role model for choosing a good wife. Men forge manhood - but we, in our roles as wives and mothers, are the role models for our sons' future wives. We try to be what they will one day want in a wife.
Something to think about...and pray about. I know it is inevitable that someone else will steal my little boy's heart one day and so I pray that I am positively influencing now his future decision.
It was one of those posts that left me with a huge lump in my throat trying to fight back the tears, and it may have the same impact on you as well (especially if you are a mother of a little boy or a mother to a little boy all grown up). I especially loved the perspective and the reminder of the importance of my role as my son's mother: "We try, even in the middle of our sinfulness, to give our sons a role model for choosing a good wife. Men forge manhood - but we, in our roles as wives and mothers, are the role models for our sons' future wives. We try to be what they will one day want in a wife.
If we're wise, we realize that we give them their first glimpse of womanhood. We realize that as they grow up under our tender mothering, they will one day need a tender mother of their children. We give them a picture of what to look for.
That is a sobering task.
I have often asked myself over the years if I would want my sons to choose someone like me. Would I want them to have the kind of wife that I have been for their dad?"
No comments:
Post a Comment