Monday, July 25, 2011

25, 26, 27...

25... 
 26...

 
and now 27 candles!!

For some reason this year more than any other, I am officially feeling old...well, at least older! ha! :) I used to hate when I was growing up that people always thought I looked younger than I actually was and often times younger than my younger sister. Even during mine and Stephen's first year of marriage and in my first teaching position, parents often thought that I was an 8th grade student rather than a teacher. And my first grade students would all go home and tell their parents that they thought I was a teenager! :) But now as I look at pictures from yesterday's celebration of 27 years, I think my age is finally starting to show and catch up with me. Maybe it has something to do with being a mother now (indefinitely behind on sleep, forevermore caring about someone else's wellbeing before my own, or having approximately 7.2 minutes to get ready in the morning), or maybe it's just more life experience, or maybe it's all the summers of lifeguarding and NOT wearing sunscreen (oh how I wish I could take that back now!!). Whatever it is and regardless, I am thankful for 27 years on this earth (recently appearing sunspots and all)! And I pray that God would grant me 27x3 more years! I am thankful to be loved by a thoughtful, caring husband. He is my best friend, and I would not want to do life with anyone else. I am thankful for the privilege to mother the most wonderful son in all the world. I am thankful to be loved and unconditionally accepted by the Most High King! I am thankful for family and friends and a million other things that make my life so blessed! I am thankful for 27!

No comments: