(I wanted to take a minute to reflect on my two most precious gifts this morning (my husband of 5 years and my sweetest little boy that is 26 months old today!) and remember a special day that we shared together as a family. The last few months we have felt God so near to us, although we have been in a bit of a holding pattern and God's direction and next step for our family has been unclear. I just want to express in the midst of waiting and seeking His direction for us, my gratitude for the family that he has given to me.) Here are some lessons that I have learned through them:
Parenting is a ride like no other.
There are moments that feel like a walk in the park.
And there are those moments/days sprinkled in, too,
when you just want to hide your face and start again tomorrow...
when you just want to hide your face and start again tomorrow...
leaving you wondering just exactly how you stack up as a parent
to this little person that God has entrusted into your care.
I've learned there are many tasks you do over and over again.
Like fixing shoes,
and fixing meals
(oh, and some meals are more relaxed than others, for sure),
and organizing and reorganizing. It's just part of it.
But it's good and it's growing.
There are wild moments...
and testing of the waters.
And there are some days that I feel like I'm running around
like a chicken with my head cut off.
(i.e. mid-shopping trip melt down)
But I'm running after a little boy that is running full speed ahead
and every day for him is a new, exciting adventure to be had.
And so I'll keep "running".
Because I don't want to miss even a single second of this crazy adventure.
I am Stephen's wife...
and James' Mama.
And I am exactly what I always wanted to be.
I may not have everything this world has to offer,
but I am loved by the two that are
everything to me in this world.
I am rich.
And I am thankful.








3 comments:
As always, this is beautifully said/written, Kassi! You are amazing....inside and out. Wow.
You are so sweet, Julie! I have thanked God for you since I was 14 years old, and your constant encouragement to me. Love you!
Awwww. Love you, Kassi! So proud of you!
Post a Comment