Friday, March 5, 2010

Letter to James at One Month


Letter From Mommy:

Dear James,
I cannot believe that one month has already passed since the day that you arrived. The second that I laid eyes on you and I held you for the first time, I experienced a love that I have never known before. My heart just overflowed with love for you. Our life is so different now and so perfect at the same time. You have filled our life with so much joy. You are so sweet, patient, and wonderful in every way. Every second with you is precious to me. I love to watch your big eyes as you look at the world with a curious expression. I love when you grip my hand or shirt or you touch my face safe in your Mommy's arms. I even love to watch you sleep and listen to all the sweet sounds that you make as you dream.
I am far from perfect and I know that at times I'll make mistakes along the way, but I want you to know that you can count on me. I will be here for you always - when you are happy, when you are sad, when you skin your knee and need someone to dry your tears. If you are ever scared or feel alone, know that I am here. Know that I am your biggest fan and am cheering you on every step of the way.
I know you are going to grow up way too fast but no matter how old or how big you get, I will always love you and love you more every single day. I will always love your Daddy and will be devoted to him too. He is a wonderful man and I hope that you will grow up to be just like him. I commit to pray every day for you and pray that I can be the kind of mother that you need.
Never forget that you are so loved and so wanted and there is nothing that I wouldn't do for you. And never forget that Mommy loves you, Daddy loves you, and God loves you. Sweet James, you are a precious gift and we praise God for your life!

I love you forever,
Mommy



Letter From Daddy:

James,
You have taught me so much in this first month of your life. I cannot imagine life without you now. I am so happy and blessed that your have joined your mom and I as a part of our family and the years that we will share together will be wonderful, exciting and full of love. The main thing that you have taught me in this past month, you taught me the very first day, hour, minute and second of your life, and for this I am eternally grateful to you. You taught me how our Heavenly Father loves us. From the moment I laid eyes on you, I loved you, and that is a love that will never stop or that you could ever change. That love is unconditional and I am so glad that you showed me that because in your very first moments of life your strengthened my relationship with God.
I will not be able to promise you much in this life, but there are three things that I can promise you. First, I will always love Jesus. Not only will I always love Him, but I promise to model a good relationship with Him so that you can follow that model and grow to follow our Savior. I promise to always lead our home in a Christlike manner and as the Spiritual Leader of our household, you can always count on me to look to Jesus for guidance on the way our family should go.
Second, I will always love your mother. We spent three years together before you arrived into our lives and in that time we had highs and lows. We used all of those experiences to grow closer together as a couple and I can assure you, that will never change. We will be together for our whole lives and you can always count on the fact that we love each other and will be husband and wife for as long as we are your Dad and Mom,
Third, I will always love YOU! Nothing will ever change this fact. Nothing you do, nothing you say, or nothing that happens will ever make me love you less. I will always be there for you. If you need help with homework, I will be there. If you need to know how to throw a baseball, I will be there. If you want to talk, I will be there. If you want to laugh, I will be there. If you need to pray, I will be there. You can always count on me because I love you!
I am your Dad, you are my son and I pray we have a relationship that Glorifies our Heavenly Father and His Son! I love you, James!

Daddy






1 comment:

Rachel Rainer said...

What a sweet post! You are amazing parents!!

Rachel Rainer