Thursday, October 8, 2015

Life Update (in pictures)

I'm so behind documenting family life on here but I'm going to attempt to hit the high points in pictures tonight. We have had a very busy and eventful summer and fall and the blog has just fallen behind, but I'm thankful we at least have lots of memories made and pictures to document, even if I haven't had time to share many here.

1. The most recent change is that about two weeks ago we accepted a position at another church (still in the Birmingham area). We had fully expected to just commute until our house sold, but we were very fortunate that there was a home that was owned by the church and they were able to shift those classrooms to another building allowing us to use the house for as long as we would like or need. We have been very busy packing and moving (while learning a new job, getting our house ready to go on the market, and caring for two kids with Hand, Foot, Mouth), but we are excited about this change and what the Lord has in store. We really feel like we have come home.

We were sad to leave our other church, and the decision was definitely bittersweet but the big and small of it is that we were in a church plant that comes with unique challenges (anyone that has been there knows) and the health of our family was beginning to suffer as a result and we knew that we could not continue in this particular position/place long-term. 

I took a few pictures of some of the rooms that are unpacked and decorated:


The boys have a schoolroom/playroom now.

And we were able to fit the bunk bed, crib, and dressers in the other bedroom. I know this room will be a lot of fun in the very near future, I'm sure.

The kitchen (with play doh everywhere!)


Our living room


I didn't get pictures of our room. There were laundry baskets and other random boxes still hanging out. We also have a great backyard that connects to all the church land with football fields, frisbee golf course, etc. The boys are in heaven.


2. We took a trip to Old Baker Farm for pumpkins with Nana. We were the last ones to leave and so they even let us help bottle feed the calves. 







3. Life with Jude:
Jude still enjoys participating in school with us. He likes/asks to color more than James did at this age (sometimes things he shouldn't), and he is picking up quite a bit from learning a long with us. He called it "apple school" last week when we did a unit study on apples. He often asks "what's it's name?" and "James, I have a question."

He still loves Mike...

I caught him "painting" his toenails blue after asking about my blue toenails. Ha!

And he loves, loves the grinch! He's going to be "the grinch stole christmas" for halloween this year. We found some green, furry fabric for pants that is going to be perfect!







No comments: