Thursday, October 8, 2015
Joah at 5 Months
Wearing: 3-6 or 6-9 month clothing, size 2 or 3 diapers
Weight and Height:
I don't even have a guess this month but he's growing growing growing!
Appearance: Joah still looks mostly like James but with his own look too. I think he has some similarities to Jude too. His eyes are still light-ish. They are probably going to be blue but some outfits he wears makes them look hazel-ish. I guess we'll wait and see how they end up...Most of his dark has fallen out too and is coming in much lighter. He has the biggest smile!
Eating: Nursing on demand all the time. He eats usually just once during the night as well. I have not started any solids yet. I'll probably start closer to six months. I'm not really in a rush because I know his meals are nutritionally complete at this age anyway (and just for practice) and because we have been in the middle of moving and transition and honestly I'm just lucky to be getting meals on the table for the rest of us some days.
Sleeping: still sleeping about 5-7 hours before waking to eat at night (and maybe even regressed a little) He still generally sleeps many times throughout the day with the longest nap probably in the afternoon when Jude (and a lot of days James) naps. He sleeps swaddled in the rock n play but we are transitioning out of it, can sleep unswaddled really well now now *if* he's snuggled up close to me, loves to sleep in the ergo, and he will sleep in the swing at home and in the church nursery. He even fell asleep in the middle of our empty living room floor in the middle of moving this month. The only place he really doesn't enjoy sleeping is being completely alone in his room in his crib...like all my babies.
Interactions/Development: he is smiling all the time with big open mouthed smiles, he is really watching things and people this month and loves to interact with sweet smiles (he will smile at people until they acknowledge him), cooing, giggling, watching everything, he has found his hands and sticks his whole fist in his mouth and his feet and sticks those in his mouth too, kicking his legs and swatting and grasping at things with his arms (just a lot more active and squirmy this month), holding his head up really well when laying on his tummy, and overall just seems a lot stronger. He is rolling over in both directions and even pulling his knees underneath him like he wants to crawl. He is managing to get all around the floor now somehow. He's able to put his toys and paci in his mouth now and seems to be in the beginning stages of teething. He also is acting like he wants to sit up when reclined in the chair/swing and lean towards Mama to pick him up. He is also really strong as far as bearing weight on his legs. He has been using the bumbo and exersaucer this month.
Outings: Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville at the very beginning of the month, his first pumpkin patch experience, we moved to a new home/church still in the Birmingham area, all the regular places, and he's staying very well in the church nursery (sometimes I still take him with me for Sunday School or the service since he's quiet and content.)
Things he seems to like: being held, being worn in the ergo carrier, bath time (big time splashing now!), being outside, his mam pacifiers, watching his big brothers, his play mat, he's enjoying being laid down more now and swinging in his swing, enjoying toys and the exersaucer
Things he dislikes; being in the car seat especially later at night or when it's dark or really sudden and loud shouts from his brothers (he doesn't mind their regular noisy playful sounds)
Health: he's been very healthy this month! We are so grateful! He's been spitting up more than ever but doesn't seem bothered by it.
Temperament: He's probably the most happy, easy-going baby of the three! Everyone comments on how happy he is.
Joah Baby, I absolutely adore being your Mama! These five months with you have gone by way too fast and I don't sweat the small stuff with you because I know it's all the stuff that I'll miss the most before I know it. I'm so thankful for the sweet, precious little boy that you are. I love your big smiles, adorable giggles, and just everything that's uniquely you. I am so grateful that God saw fit to give me a third, special boy to love. I couldn't imagine it any other way. And I hope you know that you are loved always...forever and ever.
Love, Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment