Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Life Update in Pictures #2

(I'm starting at Life Update #4 because about four days ago I posted the first three life updates and I'm just now getting around to sitting down at the computer again...)

4. Homeschooling/James' Kindergarten:

Of course, anything has it's challenges but overall this homeschooling experience with James has been wonderful. When people ask I often say that it's just the right choice for us with ministry and that is true. When Stephen is off on Monday's we can all enjoy time together as a family and I don't have to rush our kids home early when events end late or worry about sending overtired kids off to school the next day, but even if we were not in ministry I think I would still just desire this opportunity of homeschooling them. I think right now it is just the right choice for us...but we will take each year as it comes and look to God for direction for us in the decision of education or any decision. I'm glad that we live in a country where we have choices, and I really hope that other moms feel empowered to choose whatever is best for their particular family and set of circumstances in the area of raising their kids (even if the choice is different than mine or others). Here are some pictures of our year so far:

We use My Father's World curriculum. I cannot say enough good things about it. It's perfect for our active learner and I love the way that each theme is woven throughout every subject area. I also love the emphasis on reading, hands-on learning, and the biblical truths that he is learning. I am learning so much by teaching him and our days are exciting!















This is just some of our fun, and most days I don't take pictures. We have taken several field trips that are fun for the family but also correspond to the unit that we are on in school including: the zoo, The Space and Rocket Center, botanical gardens, parks, pumpkin patch, apple stand, library trips, and more!

5. Life with my boys is pretty grand, and I'm thankful every day for the gift of their lives. People comment on three boys a lot when we are out in public (usually it's positive), and although it's a wild ride at times I could not imagine life any other way now. There are no pictures of the hard moments, the tears, the discipline that takes place, etc. but those hard times are what makes these times even sweeter. Here is just a random assortment of life with the three (and of course with Joah that is changing so fast) and me (and Stephen when he'll get in on a photo).They grow and change so quickly.:








Most of the pictures above go all the way back to the summer with the fourth of July, visiting my sister in Florida, and Cow Appreciation Day!

And a few more...my 31st birthday, a long weekend in Chattanooga, Joah's first few swims at Nana and Grandpa's pool, Alabama football, etc.


















No comments: