But this morning when I put Jude in this little outfit for church,
![]() |
| Jude at 3 months old. |
| James at 4 months old. |
But I'm not sentimental. Not at all. If that were the case, I clearly would have remembered that James was holding his baby einstein piano in the picture, and I would have had Jude pose with it as well. And if I were sentimental, I certainly would have remembered that James also rolled over for the first time just days before wearing this outfit and taking this picture, just like Jude. But since I'm not sentimental, the timing of this outfit coinciding with the milestone of rolling over for both boys was purely coincidental.
Of course! Because sentimental is clearly what I'm....errrr.....not.
Alright, fine! I admit it. I'm sappy. And I am so very sentimental. And I know I'll probably lose the five blog readers that I have if I keep up this bi-monthly posting of both boys in all the same outfits. I promise I intend to stop somewhere between birth and preschool (but, let's be honest, it will more than likely be much closer to preschool! And by "preschool", I probably mean like 2 days shy of kindergarten. That is technically pre-school, right?)
But I can't help it. I love noticing their similarities and their differences. I love remembering the past all while I reflect on how far we've come in the present. I love how my heart is filled with joy just by simply looking at pictures of my two precious boys, and when I'm holding them that joy is only multiplied times a billion (squared!). I love that hand-me-downs mean another life and another blessing to love, guide, nurture, and treasure. And I treasure ev-e-ry-thing about life with these boys.
So, thanks for letting me, once again, be sentimental about these two. Because, well, I most certainly am.

No comments:
Post a Comment