One of Stephen's off days is Monday (our "weekend" is just whenever he is off and so we are just learning to try and take advantage of the time that we do have together whenever we get the chance!) and we were happy that it happened to fall on Memorial Day so that we could have a little fun together as a family. We are exactly two weeks (or less!) away from Jude's arrival, and so we are trying very hard to balance having fun as a family with the list of to-do's that just need to be taken care of before he arrives as well. Stephen is working 60 hours a week right now (which is tiring for us all in different ways!), and unfortunately there are just things that have been accumulating on a list for a while of things that need to be taken care of when he is home (that I just can't do myself) like yard projects, changing out light bulbs, little home repairs, etc.
Yesterday we stayed close to home (with the exception of a trip to Home Depot to get some supplies for fixing a few things!), but we did manage to squeeze in a little fun too! Thankfully, James thinks riding in the race car cart at Home Depot is an adventure in itself and they also happened to be giving away free hotdogs and chips yesterday to all their customers so he was just beyond himself with excitement! And, of course, coming home to "help" Daddy and getting to use tools was just icing on the cake!
After getting a few things scratched off the list, James was able to show off his swimming skills for Daddy in the neighborhood pool and we enjoyed eating dinner together out on our patio. I snapped a few pictures of our Memorial Day fun (minus the home repair projects!). :)
 |
| We have been enjoying the pool so much since it opened! It has been a good change of pace for us and has really taken my mind off wondering when Jude will arrive. It has made me feel a lot better to be able to be active without being so hot! James has been loving it too! |
 |
James wanted to take a picture of "Jude!" He's still hanging in there for now but will definitely be here exactly two weeks from today, if not before. I am still making slow and steady progress toward the goal of having a baby (and being in active labor!). I am starting to realize this second time around that this might just be my pattern for labor (James and Jude are doing the exact same thing!) and I am just one that starts making progress early (and slowly!) until our babies arrive. Maybe that will make for a shorter, easier labor?!? I can hope, right?
I was really struggling with anxiety when I found out we were already moving toward that goal at 36 weeks and very much not wanting him to come too soon! (It's also tiring trying to constantly keep the house "up" and keep things clean and organized, feeling like I could go into labor anytime...and wanting Stephen to be home and help me get the hospital. All the "what ifs" create some fear and I'm trying to pray through that!) I guess the waiting and wondering is just hard, but I know he will come right when he's supposed to and God is in control and sovereign over every detail. |
 |
| Another picture from the James-Cam :) |
 |
| I know this watermelon is gigantic, but I have been craving watermelon for a long time now! We finally broke down and bought one (even though they will probably be a little cheaper further into the season) two weeks before Jude is due! I am loving it! |
 |
| Our Memorial Day Dinner: Burgers, Beans, Chips and Dip, and Watermelon! |
 |
| We found this little picnic table for James at Big Lots for the best price! I plan to eat lots of meals out on the porch in the nice weather (I love the outdoors!) and also use it for preschool activities in the fall. James kept pretending like Jude was sitting with him at the table and even pretended to pick him up and carry him inside after dinner. I love it. :) |
Hope you all had a great Memorial Day! I return to the doctor tomorrow so maybe I'll post more baby updates, if I have a chance. But, honestly, the closer we get to his due date I'm just starting to think that he might just hang in there (like his big brother!) a few more weeks! But stay tuned... I can't wait to share of his arrival whenever he makes his debut and post pictures of this sweet little blessing that is about to change our lives in a big way!
No comments:
Post a Comment