Wednesday, May 29, 2013

37 and 38 Weeks (Past and Present!)

I love comparison pictures! I'm sure that after Jude arrives, I will post some pictures comparing their looks side-by-side (and maybe personalities) at different stages. These two pregnancies have been pretty similar for the most part. As far as how I've felt health-wise, with Jude I was a lot sicker in the first (and now third trimester) with morning sickness (and now heartburn and nausea) than I was with James but really I "felt" very similar with both boys basically throughout. And as far as cravings, they were basically the same - just a little bit more cheese, Moe's, and Sour Patch Kids with James and a little more peanut butter, fruit, and jelly beans with Jude.

I have gained almost the same amount of weight, they have measured similarly the last few weeks (about a week behind on the measuring tape), and with both pregnancies I've progressed early (and then slowly!) - James starting at 37 weeks and Jude at 36 weeks. And both boys have managed to just "hang in there" with true persistence! (That makes me slightly nervous that we have another strong-willed little love on our hands, but either way he will be wonderful!) 

Thought I'd share some pictures of both pregnancies at 37 and 38 weeks. :) And a little pregnancy update as well - we're still hanging in there for now. :)

37 weeks with Jude.
37 weeks with James.


38 weeks with Jude.

38 weeks with James. 
And just a brief update on how things are going after today's appointment:
- Jude's HR was in the 150's and measuring around 37 weeks.
- I dropped a few pounds from last week (but I'm sure he didn't!) but have been sick the last couple of days. (My doctor thinks it may have been a bug?)
- Still making slow, steady progress: now around 70% and likely dilated more but "hard to tell exactly without torturing me because of his very low position." Eeeesh! (Hope that wasn't too many details!)
- Doctor's Predictions: He will probably be in the 7 pound range (under 8 pounds) at birth (also like James!) and the labor should be relatively brief! (I'm great with both of these since their Daddy was almost 10 pounds at birth! And everyone wants to have a relatively brief labor, right?!?) As far as when he'll come? It could be "any day" but there's no way to really know. He'll definitely be here by Tuesday, June 11th though! 13 days (or less) and counting...!

No comments: