Monday, April 29, 2013

Maternity Pictures at 32 1/2 Weeks

I knew that I wanted to have some maternity photos taken with this second baby like we did with James. Even though this isn't our first rodeo (and even though I feel extremely awkward having my picture taken!), I love being able to capture a moment in time through photographs to remember life in that particular season. Pictures are probably one of my most treasured possessions! I've been looking back at pictures of James as a baby the last few days, and I have just been a ball of emotions remembering... Lord, help my husband survive these intense emotions this last month or so of this pregnancy!

Michelle Summers is our neighbor but also a talented photographer in the Birmingham area. She's great to work with and her prices are so reasonable! I'm so happy with how these pictures turned out, and I thought I'd share a few on the blog. We waited until almost 33 weeks this time (did them a little earlier with James) and between waiting longer and just this being a second baby, I can hardly believe how much bigger my tummy looks this time around! I'm so thankful for the privilege of being able to carry this precious little life inside of me these past nine months, but as the day draws closer I'm just getting so ready to meet him (and hold him and hold him and hold him!!) too!

I love how James is holding my arm in this one. This so sums up our relationship. He is and always has been so intense in spirit (in the bad and the good! There really is no in between with him). But he is a Mama's boy and when he is being sweet, he is the absolute sweetest. He's been telling me lately "Mama, if I could choose any girl in the world, I'd choose you." 

Love that we captured this because he does this daily!

My sweet Jude, you are so treasured and so loved already.






So thankful for this man by my side.

This picture shocked me! I've been telling James this whole pregnancy that "Jude will come out of Mama's tummy when my tummy is as a big as a watermelon." What do I tell him now?!?


I can't even explain in words what that little face does to me... There is nothing like it in the world.


No comments: