Thursday, April 18, 2013

32 weeks with Jude

How far along are you? 32 weeks! 8 more (or maybe less. I still guess less.) to go.

Total Weight Gain? Right on track to gain a full 35 pounds. My doctor is really pleased with that and so that's good enough for me too.

How big is the baby? The doctor said I'm measuring right at 32 weeks, and I probably won't have an ultrasound again unless there is just a problem or something they need to look at closer. Babycenter says Jude is:Your baby is taking up more and more space in your uterus and weighs as much as a large jicama -- about 3 3/4 pounds. (Length: about 16 3/4 inches, head to heel.)

Maternity Clothes? I'm actually (very surprisingly!) not wearing maternity clothes in the picture below (just because they are stretchy/flowy), but I basically don't even attempt to wear regular clothes anymore.

Sleep? I'm having some rough nights lately because I'm just achy and sore and getting up often, but I know it's just a short-term discomfort for a long-term gain. This too shall pass!

Best moment this week? Nothing profound but just lots of incredibly sweet moments with James and just the realization that I am so incredibly blessed and undeserving of all those sweet moments with him (i.e. James constantly kissing me, telling me he loves me or that he's going to marry me, and telling me that he knows Jude will love me too.) I will never be more proud of anything in this world than I am of being their mother.

Movement? One active boy especially when James is sitting with me. I like to think that Jude just adores his big brother already. 

Food Cravings/Aversions? Fruity and Icee-y type cravings lately (possibly because it's just getting hotter) and eating lots of salads again. I actually have an aversion to sweet tea again (just like I did in the beginning of this pregnancy) - this pregnancy is so different than the one with James (with no aversions or hardly any sickness!)

Morning Sickness? Nada. 

Gender? I'm a very proud "boy mom"! So excited about meeting my other sweet boy very soon!

What I'm looking forward to: Our neighbor is taking some maternity pictures for us in a few days, planning fun activities for James and I (and, of course, Stephen when he's not working) in these last weeks, and final preparations when the time comes which all make it feel even more real, more real than the huge belly of course  (washing clothes, installing an infant carrier in the van, putting together baby chairs and pack n' plays, etc.)

32 weeks with Jude.

And this was me with James at 32 weeks.

No comments: