This was our second year participating in Day Out with Thomas when it came to town, but this year we live just a short drive from the event. I love that our little town has the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum, because our little boy loves it and has enjoyed it many times already. Nana and Grandpa joined us, and James had a great time. We didn't do the train ride this year (the most expensive part!) and James didn't miss it at all. Last year he cried to have to leave the other activities (petting zoo, bubbles, tent full of train tables, sand box and toys, etc.) to get on the train (and because he's not a fan of the "ductor"), and so this year we just got him an activities wrist band and let him play and play. The weather was perfect and it was just a great day. I love soaking up these last weeks with him and trying to make special memories - I feel myself wanting to squeeze in everything that I possibly can while he's still my only for a little while longer.
 |
| Oh, what a little boy does to his Mama's heart! And he knows it too. |
 |
| Waving to Thomas as he came in (while keeping a close eye on the "ductor" as well!) |
 |
| We ate lunch at Steak and Shake afterwards. Stephen ordered the 7X7 burger after some encouragement from the rest of the table. In his defense, 7 patties was only the equivalent of about a pound of meat so it's not quite as crazy as it sounds! Also, he's like 40 pounds lighter than when James was born so I think he's doing just fine - but he would not be happy with me if he knew I said anything nice about him on the blog. ;) |
No comments:
Post a Comment