Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Thomas - Take 2

The weekend after attending Day Out with Thomas, our favorite useful engine was still in town for a while longer and Daddy/Stephen was working all day. I am fully aware that James' days as an only child are quickly drawing to a close (a 3 year season of all of our lives!), so I have really been trying to do some special things with him before Jude arrives. I decided to take him back up to the event (just a few minutes from our house), packed a little picnic lunch for the two of us, and bought him just the activities wrist band. We stayed and played for six hours! We had the best time together. I took lots of pictures on my phone (and I'm just now getting around to putting them on the computer), but I thought I'd go ahead and share them on the blog. I so enjoyed my special date day with my littlest (for a few more weeks) love.

James was constantly in search of a train table that wasn't very crowded and would sometimes move to another if he felt like his personal space was being invaded. He is sweet and friendly (and coming out of his shell so much in the last few months), but I think that he is still an introvert by nature. I so relate to his personality, and there are so many things that he does that make me think of how I felt/what I did as a child. Even yesterday, he put on a crown that he got at a birthday party over the weekend for the first time. When I asked him "Why didn't you wear it at the party?" He said because, "I didn't want any other kids to see me dressed as a king." I remember thinking things like that as a child and having that same rationale. I even see him struggling with not wanting to feel shy in situations, but still feeling that way - I so understand. And I'm so glad that I "get him" because I think it helps me know how to encourage him without pushing too far. Jude will likely be the opposite and then I will have a whole new personality type to embrace and learn how to best parent - but you can bet I'll make it my mission to understand and relate to him, whatever his little personality may be like!

He thought this train looked like "little red train" from Little Einstein's and wanted his picture taken in front of it.


Thomas Tattoo Station


This was the first time he has ever gone in a bouncy castle by himself. I was so proud of him for conquering that fear!
He did it over and over that day!

He loves doing books of mazes at home, so he thought this was even better!

Watching Thomas as he played in the sand! 


No comments: