This pregnancy is moving right along. We are at 23 weeks already! Here is a little update at 23 weeks. :)
How far along are you? 23 weeks
Total Weight Gain? Steadily gaining - I think Jude and I both had quite a growth spurt the last few weeks. I haven't changed anything as far as exercise or diet-wise, so I guess my body is just doing what it needs to do. I had a little freak-out at the doctor about it, but she just laughs at me so that makes me feel better. :)
How big is the baby? The baby weighs as much as a large mango (just over a pound) and more than 11 inches long.
Maternity Clothes? A mix of maternity and regular clothes.
Sleep? Sleeping good at night, but I'm just not able to sleep late anymore (even when James is still asleep). Maybe it's preparation for what's ahead?!? I don't know. I do enjoy those quiet moments by myself in the morning just sipping coffee and preparing for the day though!
Best moment this week? At our doctor's appointment this week we had another ultrasound to check specifically on the cyst on Jude's brain, and I am so thankful to report that the cyst has resolved completely. We are praising God for removing it!
Movement? Lots of movement! He also seems to move a lot when James is sitting on my lap. James likes to feel his brother "kick" him, but then will say "now, I'm going to kick him." We've had to explain that's not the way it works...ha!
Food Cravings/Aversions? No overwhelming cravings, but I still just usually want "real" food. I definitely am eating things that I wouldn't normally desire to eat when I'm not pregnant, i.e. fried eggs with our breakfast supper last night (had to google how to make them because we have never had fried eggs in six years of marriage!) and Cheeto (as the breading) Chicken Fingers are on the menu this week (both things I would normally not ever want!). I've also decided my candy of choice with this baby is flavored tootsie rolls. My candy of choice with James was sour patch kids. :)
Morning Sickness? No morning sickness. I'm feeling great, exercising regularly (blood pressure is great again!), and having lots of energy. The only thing that is remotely bothering me at this point is a varicose vein that I also had in my pregnancy with James that is very painful. Trying to ice my leg and prop it up when I can - but that's hard to do when you are the mother of a busy preschooler!
Gender? A boy! (The ultrasound tech confirmed yesterday that he is for sure a he! She also commented that he looks like a "carbon copy" of James!) Jude Brooks Johnson!
What I'm looking forward to: Excited about working towards getting the boys' room ready in the near future, and just get everything setup and ready for a newborn again. It was fun to get old baby clothes out of this attic this week and remember all the things that James wore and just how tiny he was in the beginning!
![]() |
| Much bigger belly at 23 weeks than I did with this sweet fella beside me. :) |

No comments:
Post a Comment