I found this little customizable interview while browsing the internet, and so I decided to do James' three year update this time by asking him questions about his current interests. His answers are really pretty accurate for the most part. I also printed out a copy to put in his baby book (trying to get his caught up in a hurry before I have another little baby book to start filling up in a few months!)
I hope you enjoy this little update on James at three years old:
And a few other facts on James at Age 3:
Sleeping: James has been sleeping through the night pretty well now for the past few months (I knew the day would come on it's own - and it has!) He also takes a nap most days in the afternoon for an hour or two but sometimes skips his naps and seems to be making the transition slowly toward giving it up altogether. I'd say he sleeps about 11-12 hours total between naps and nighttime sleep.
Eating: James eats better than ever now. Some of his favorites include: fruit of all kinds (except oranges), pasta (alfredo, lasagna, spaghetti), pizza, peanut butter and jelly, cheese quesadillas, lunch meat turkey, chicken salad (from Zoe's!), chicken nuggets, corn on the cob, broccoli "trees", vegetable ("Rocket") soup, cereal, cinnamon toast, bagels, cookies, and ice cream.
Interests: Transportation, Animals (especially sea animals!), and Music/Instruments
Personality: still extremely strong-willed and very persistent, curious, smart, witty, very much a first child as far as knowing all the rules and telling everyone what the rules are (a little bossy phase going on) but sometimes breaking them himself, compassionate and sweet, still reserved but also very easily warms up and engages others these days (he especially enjoys playing with older children, I think)
Wearing: Pretty much 3T (sometimes 2T pants), size 5 diapers (for now), size 9 shoes (but buying in size 10 for the coming season)
Growth: At a doctor's visit at 35 months he was weighed and measured at 38 inches (71%) and 30 pounds, 4 ounces (11%). We don't go for his 3 year checkup for several more weeks, so I will try to remember and update this then if any changes significantly.
Milestones: knows his ABC's and a lot of letter sounds (asks often what letter certain words start with), counting very well, loves reading and memorizing books to "read" to us (has an uncanny memory for many things!), working on potty training now that the holidays/birthday have passed (he is having many successes with that), is very good at memorizing logos for restaurants or other products (just good at making connections), very musical and can identify classical songs from his Little Einstein's CD and name/remember what episode the song is from, and is extremely verbal and witty. I have a list of funny one-liners that he's said recently coming soon...stay tuned!
| Love this picture of James and my Dad from the party - going to have to get this to him soon! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment