Thursday, January 24, 2013

20 Weeks - Half Way There!


How far along are you? 20 weeks - can't believe we are half way there already! It is flying by this time around.

Total Weight Gain? About 10-11 pounds (I will probably stop answering this question soon! It looks like I am right on track to gain the recommend 25-30 pounds, like I did with James.) 

How big is the baby? They estimated that Jude weighed around 11 ounces at our ultrasound a week ago, and that he was measuring a full week ahead already. (I'm predicting that he will come earlier than his estimated due date, but only time will tell.)

Maternity Clothes? I am still able to wear my regular clothes for now, but I have started to wear some of my maternity pants because they are just feeling more comfortable. :)

Sleep? I'm sleeping good at night, and James is napping again most days (hoping that it was just a little passing phase that was lingering from all the Christmas excitement) so I can at least rest and recharge for a little bit in the middle of the day. :)
Best moment this week? Being able to call Jude by name has made this pregnancy so much more real for us, and I just love being able to talk to him or about him using his name. Also, I have really appreciated friends and family members that have sent cards or gone out of their way to express their excitement and love for Jude already. It means a lot for other people to love your children and rejoice with you! I also made our first purchase for Jude this week. Since the boys will be sharing a room and James had already upgraded to a big boy bed/bedding, we consigned all of his crib bedding so that we could pick out a set for Jude that would work with James' stuff. I found the cutest transportation bedding (to match the theme in James' room) on clearance for $20 at Target this week! It's precious and going to work perfectly with James' decor.

Movement? Oh yes! Jude is not as "wild and crazy" as James was, but I'm definitely feeling him move often. I feel his movements especially when I'm laying down or while I'm eating. 

Food Cravings/Aversions? Still just enjoying "real food." :) I love salads with lots of meat, cheese, and blue cheese dressing just like I did with James! I hardly ever crave anything sweet.  

Morning Sickness? Nope! I'm feeling great at this point. I have been exercising pretty consistently lately too (I was a little concerned that my blood pressure was higher than normal for me), and that has made me feel so much better and made my blood pressure go back to normal (for me) as well. 

Gender? A boy! Jude Brooks Johnson!

What I'm looking forward to: Just praying that this cyst on Jude's brain would resolve on it's own like the doctor is hoping/predicting, so we are looking forward to our next appointment where they will do another ultrasound and praying that God would just remove the cyst completely! And long-term, just looking forward to two little boys filling our house with more joy and laughter.

James wanted to be in the picture this week and for us to act silly in his big boy room!
Can't wait to have two little monkeys jumping on the bed before we know it! 


No comments: