Stephen and I enjoyed a date night last night thanks to some wonderful friends in our small group that pretty much made us an offer impossible to refuse (literally!). I know it's something that Stephen and I do not do enough and many circumstances have made it more difficult, so I wanted to document a fun night that we shared just the two of us here on the blog! We are so thankful for the Robbins family that love us (and love James and Jude already!) and made it possible, and we are so thankful that James loves their family as well. He says that their children are his "best friends!"
We are thankful to be a part of a small group that has loved us, challenged us, encouraged us, and helped hold us accountable. It has truly been one of the biggest blessings in our lives the last seven months or so, and we have seen the Lord at work in our lives through His people in so many different ways. It has been overwhelming, humbling, and convicting. There have been many times that we have been serving in ministry that we (and our marriage) have really suffered from not having a support system like this, and now that we are in a season of our lives (for however long that it is) that we aren't serving in full-time ministry we have been able to see how necessary being a part of a group of believers like this truly is and I know that in the future we will make it a priority in our lives.
We enjoyed a nice, relaxing dinner! Our server even treated us to dessert when we shared with him that we were enjoying a rare date night away from our little guy. The Lord also opened up a door for us to minister and hopefully be a blessing to this man as well - just one of those God-ordained moments that makes me thankful for the man by my side and the God that I serve. He has been so good to us these six years together (and throughout our entire lives)!
Praying for many more nights in the future to celebrate the gift of marriage and each other!
No comments:
Post a Comment