Sunday, January 27, 2013

Circus Fun!

When I saw that the circus was coming to Birmingham, I knew that I would love to take James. Thankfully our local library did a promotion that allowed children to earn a free ticket to the circus for reading a certain number of books. We decided that because the circus would be in town so close to James' birthday that we would do this as part of his birthday gift and just give a smaller present this year on his birthday, and I am so glad that we did! I am really big on experiences, and his reaction to the whole experience was priceless. I love making memories as a family - those memories to me are a treasure. Speaking of things that are priceless and not so priceless - prices have definitely gone up since I was a kid! Thankfully we packed little debbie cakes, apple slices, and a cotton candy flavored sucker in James' bag to snack on because snow cones were $15, glow stick souvenirs were $22, and I could go on and on. And in the spirit of being thrifty, we also parked 8 blocks away in the McWane Center parking deck (using our member parking), so that we could save the extra cash for a souvenir! They had exactly one thing under $10 - a tambourine, perfect for our music-loving little boy that just so happens to be having a Little Einstein's/Music themed 3rd birthday party coming up this weekend.








We all had a really great time. The theme was built-to-amaze so James loved the dump truck and bulldozer full of clowns that were featured several times and also really loved seeing a lady fly out of a cannon. Thankful for making memories as a family (even if I did begin to cry in the middle of the BJCC because I was so excited for him. Can I blame that on pregnancy hormones?!?) Hope to bring both of our boys back one year in the near future!



No comments: