Monday, November 26, 2012

(Almost) 12 Week Pregnancy Questionnaire

With James I was able to journal and blog my thoughts on anticipating his arrival throughout the pregnancy, but I know that this time I just probably will not have time to write so extensively. I thought that I would join the other blogging moms that have filled out pregnancy questionnaires periodically in an attempt to at least keep some record of the changes that will come throughout this pregnancy. My plan is to later record these in a journal (when I purchase one!) for this baby, like I did for James, at a later date.

How far along are you? Almost 12 weeks

Total Weight Gain? At the doctor last week, they said I had only gained 1 or 2 pounds but after Thanksgiving I am feeling like that could have doubled...or tripled! I don't even want to know. :)

How big is the baby? Somewhere between the size of a fig and a lime. I love these food comparisons because James loves to know how big the baby is each week!

Maternity Clothes? Although some of my regular clothes are fitting differently, I'm not there yet. 

Sleep? Waking up a little more than usual at night, but sleeping pretty well on my stomach still.

Best moment this week? Hearing the baby's heartbeat again and James telling me "your baby sounds like a choo-choo train." Also, announcing the pregnancy to extended family at Thanksgiving. 

Movement? The doctor says it is probably still too early but I really think I have felt movement the last few days when I'm laying down. So, I am not sure...

Food Cravings/Aversions? I had horrible food aversions (to meat, vegetables, tea, really almost everything) until about week 9 of this pregnancy and could eat very few things (toast, baked potatoes, pretzels, etc). Almost everything made me cringe or was too sweet. Even the thought of cold water made me sick! I am still eating pretty bland foods (nothing spicy or fried), but I am doing so much better. I don't really have a lot of cravings yet, but I have to eat a lot more often and enough protein or I get sick. (This has all been totally different than my pregnancy with James.)

Morning Sickness? I had all day sickness (and especially night sickness) until about week 10. I still have some bad days mixed in that I think come after a day of doing too much and just being exhausted, but I am definitely getting so much better.

Gender? We will find out in January, but we truly will be so thrilled either way. James is adamant that this baby is a girl and he started calling the baby "Cece" shortly after we told him about the new baby. We were actually already considering a "C" name for a little girl so if the baby is a girl we will probably try to find a "C" middle name as well and let her nickname be Cece. While James is leaning towards girl, Stephen and I don't really have a prediction. Because this has been such a different pregnancy, I will think "girl" one day and then something will remind me of the pregnancy with James the next day and I think "boy." So, I don't know... :)

What I'm looking forward to: Our next ultrasound in January and finding out the gender of the baby and beginning to call the baby by name; just all the joy that comes with anticipating/preparing for a baby which is even more special as we experience the joy and the excitement through the eyes of James this time. He has just been so sweet. He asks to kiss the baby in my belly and one night he set baby spoons on an extra napkin at the dinner table and prayed "Dear God, Please let Mama's tummy get big so the baby can come out." He says that "the new baby is going to be my best friend." I pray that they would be very best friends and that God would bless their relationship and keep them close throughout their lives.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay!!!