James is 22 months old now and saying and repeating everything! I am literally laughing out loud all day long from the things he repeats or just says spontaneously! But I had to share about a sweet, sweet thing he did last night.
During James' early days and especially during his first year of life, there was a medley of songs and hymns (and even a little song that I made up with his name in it) that God placed in my heart from the beginning of his life that I would sing to him over and over again when he was crying or I was rocking him to sleep. One of those songs was There's Just Something About that Name. Every time I would sing that song to him as a baby, he would immediately calm down and stop crying.
Well, the last few nights he has been having a lot of trouble falling asleep (I think because of 2 more teeth) and we've really been struggling at nights with him (there have been lots of tears!). So for the last few nights I've been singing my Little James Medley of songs to him until he falls asleep. Last night when I was singing he sat straight up in the middle of There's Just Something About that Name and sang "Maaaaster, Saaavior, Jeeesus...."! I could have cried! It was so precious! It was just one of those moments that makes parenting so rewarding - to hear my little boy sing the name of Jesus! Praying that one day soon he will come to know and love his Master, Savior, Jesus and serve him all the days of his life!
2 comments:
Love this post!
Thanks, Rachel! Hope you guys are having a wonderful December preparing for Christmas. I think about you often!
Post a Comment