Friday, July 9, 2010

Baby Dedication

Now that I have finally learned how to post a video, I thought I would post another one (two in one day!) for you to enjoy.

We had originally planned to participate in the Baby Dedication at our church on Mother's Day, but when the time came we were not able to. So we decided t0 ask Dr. Trader (Dad T), Stephen's mentor and former pastor, if he would perform the dedication of James to the Lord while we were in Alabama for 2 weeks. Dr. Trader also was the one to license Stephen to the ministry and performed our wedding ceremony so it was very special that we had the privilege of having him be the pastor to lead us as parents in dedicating our sweet James.

It was on July 4th which is a special day not only for us as Americans but also as Christians and it was such a sweet dedication. I, of course, cried as I listened to Dr. Trader speak God's promises to James and when Dr. Trader said that God had a special plan for his life, James looked up at him as if he was listening intently. We pray that whatever James does in his life, that he will bring glory to God, we pray that he will feel loved unconditionally, and as we remember the special day that he was dedicated to the Lord, a day that we celebrate freedom in our country, we pray as his parents that he will experience freedom in Christ - freedom from the bondage of sin to live life abundantly as Christ intended!!

I'm glad I could share a little bit of the day with you guys:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Thank you for sharing. Blessings on you as parents, and on Sweet Baby James...now and forever.