Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So Many Firsts


James has had a lot of firsts lately!! We've tried to document them all on camera. I thought I'd share some of them with all of you! It's exciting but he's growing up so fast! It makes my heart swell with pride and at the same time makes me realize how quickly time passes and how precious every moment is!

He had his first long car trip that should have been a little over 5 hours but ended up being a little over 9 hours. We did NOT capture that on camera! :)

His first swim in a big pool and....


His first swim in a little pool.


His first cereal (which he loved)!


His first Father's Day!


His first M-Fuge (just a few short visits for now).


His first trip to Nana and Grandpa's in Alabama.

His first vacation and zoo trip!

First time riding in the stroller without the infant carrier.

His first train ride and....

his first carousel ride!


And if that wasn't enough, he decided he would roll over too - on Tuesday night, June 29 (that's just for me to go back and put in the baby book later). But not the easy way, of course. He pushed himself up onto his hands and feet (with his little bottom in the air) and then fell to the side and rolled all the way over. We got the second and third time on video (the first time caught us by surprise.) Hopefully, Stephen can show me how to post the video when we get home and you will hear my voice at decibels never heard before but it was so cute and sweet (him...not me)!!

Thanks for reading and loving us and our little boy! I know that James is all I post about now but it's our life at the moment! :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE all these "firsts!" So fun! Hope you are enjoying vacation---it looks like you are!

Rachel Rainer said...

Mr. James has been busy! I enjoyed reading this post and he is just so adorable in all of the pictures! I so wish we lived closer... I love that we are still keeping up with one another!!