Today was Easter Sunday and James' first day at church. I was hoping we would make it into the sanctuary to introduce James to all of our church family but unfortunately he was a little fussy this morning so we listened to the sermon from Stephen's office. I did not want to be a distraction in the service and I am unapologetically not ready to leave him in the nursery just yet. He is still so little (and will only be little once) and I am going to spend as many moments as I can with him. And especially on a day when he's not feeling his best, I want him to know that I will be there to hold him and comfort him. We started James on reflux medicine a few days ago and we have already noticed a big improvement. We hope very soon he will be back to his old self again! We definitely missed our family this year but I tried to make it a special day for our family of three and cooked a big Easter meal for us!
We are so thankful for another Easter to remember the gracious sacrifice Jesus made on the cross for us. We rejoice that He is Risen and lives inside of us! When we prayed with James before bed last night we reflected on what it must have been like for God to allow his son Jesus to die a painful death on a cross for our sins. What a sacrifice it was! What amazing love! We hope and pray that you too know that love this Easter through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Happy Easter!
Here are a few pictures from the day:






No comments:
Post a Comment