Wednesday, April 14, 2010

2 months old :)


James is 2 months old! (well, actually almost 2 1/2 months old..I've been meaning to write this for a while). I can't believe how quickly time is flying by. I'm hoping to record a lot of information on here so that hopefully very soon I can go back and record some things in his baby book. I am just way behind right now!

On April 5 we went to his 2 month checkup and he is really growing! James weighed 12 pounds 4.5 ounces and was 23 3/4 inches long. The doctor said he is right at the 75th percentile for his weight, the 90th percentile for his height, and only the 25th percentile for his head circumference. The doctor said he looked great and I said "so you mean he's perfect and the cutest baby you've ever seen?" He said, "that's exactly what I meant." We aren't biased or anything!

He's really changing a lot and doing so much. Here are some of the milestones he has reached at 2 months:

- eating every 2 1/2 to 3 hours now, usually 7 to 8 times a day
- on his best nights waking up only once somewhere between 2 and 4 to eat
- talking to us - he is cooing and squealing when we talk to him
- smiling in response to our smile and laughing some now too
- can hold his head and shoulders up while on his tummy (but doesn't enjoy tummy time)
- sitting up and holding his head steady with assistance
- will "stand" and walk up up our tummies with assistance of course - his legs are very strong
- has been pushing himself up with his legs on his tummy
- batting at toys and gripping onto toys when we put them in his hand
- follows objects with his eyes

Those are just some that I can think of right now. He is such a sweet boy. He loves to talk to us, loves bath time, loves to watch lights, and stares at one picture in our house forever. He loves to go for walks. He loves his carseat and stroller but wants to move when he's in them. He loves being in a baby carrier and loves being held. He knows his Mommy and Daddy for sure and loves to stare at us. He smiles the most at Daddy when he wears his glasses. He loves to eat and today Stephen said he sounds like he's drinking out of a water hose. :)

Well, I'm not sure that you wanted to know all of those little details but I wanted to record them at least for me to remember. :0

Here are a couple of pictures of him at 2 months! Hope you enjoy!





No comments: