Friday, October 16, 2009

Baby Canon!

We had the privilege of living a few doors down from Jess and Rachel Rainer while we were living in Wake Forest. Their baby boy, Canon John Rainer, was born just a few nights ago. He is absolutely beautiful and we wish we could be there to share in the joy that I know they must be feeling right now. I just wanted to share a link to Jess' dad's blog from October 15th so that you can read "A Letter to my Grandson." It is a powerful, moving commitment that he makes to pray for baby Canon and and to support and affirm him and his parents as well as they raise their baby unto the Lord. I pray that baby James will have to same privilege of having grandparents that pray for him and affirm him for who God made him to be. Here is the link (the blog is dated October 15): http://www.thomrainer.com/.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

It is my honor and privilege to pray for James even now. Count on it! It may not be as eloquent as Tom Rainer but it is from my heart and I believe to God's heart. Now you just move on to hoping for something else - I have that covered! :)

I love you both! (and I'm praying for you too!)
Nana

Rachel Rainer said...

Aww thanks for that blog post. That was really sweet. We miss you guys so much and can't wait for you to meet Canon and for us to meet baby James!! One of these days I will return your call. Life is a little crazy right now adjusting to our new life. Love and Miss you!