Family Camp: our family vacation in 2020 was canceled due to Covid and the boys had asked for a long time to go camping. We found a happy medium and spent two nights at a methodist camp near us in a cabin with bunks and did lots of fun outdoor activities: archery, ropes course, hiking, etc. The campground had social distancing measures/mask requirements but we were the only family there that weekend so it was easy to do! It was good to have a change of scenery and refresh a little. The boys said it was almost as fun as Disney!
Feast of Booths (for school/OT history) in our treehouse with Little Ceaser's Pizza (ha!) and other hands-on school activity pictures (I don't take any when we just put pencil to paper because that's not as fun but I promise we do every day!)
A trip to the pumpkin patch at the church down the road from our house. They had a pink lacy one for Josie, a red one for Joah, and a green for Jude....no blue for James but he was happy with his choice! We had to buy pumpkin pie after the patch because Joah thought the sole purpose of buying the pumpkin was to make a pie.
Jude read Dog Man all by himself...one of his first longer books. This was one of James' longer books that he read to around his age.
Everyone loving on Josie (who lost all her dark hair this month). She adores her brothers! She's getting so playful! She's beginning to sit up really well. She also says "hi" now. We think she also tried to say 'mama" for the first time last night.
They attended a social distanced costume contest at CM. We didn't go all out this year because I didn't know if there would even be any other Halloween events (I think we found a halloween drive-thru event if the hurricane doesn't rain it out) but they still looked cute. Joah wanted to be a spooky thing so he was a (cute) Mummy (mummy pajama suit) and Jude was the Grinch again (in a costume pajama suit), James made his own costume and we bought ears for him to be Picket which is his favorite character from The Green Ember series. He is definitely a Picket, and I love that he identified with that character. We read all EIGHT books this spring/summer at bedtime (and now there is a 9th one out!). Josie wore the same giraffe costume as her brothers on their first Halloween but we girl-ed it up with a tutu and bow. She won't first prize for staff kids and got her first doll (and I love that the doll isn't white because I had hoped to give her dolls of other ethnicities from a young age!) and our boys tied for second (which was nice for us parents!).
We drove up to Anderson University where I went to college and had a Chickfila picnic. I don't think I've been back since a few years after I graduated, and it had changed so much. I loved being there with my kids and chasing them on the front lawn. It's so special to go back to places that were such a big part of who you became/are becoming with the people that you dreamed about while you were there...Joah said before we left "Mama, you used to live here but now you live with us."
 |
| Joah insisted on roasting his hotdog with the bun. |
 |
| they made a lego board game |
 |
| She read her first 100 books of her 1000 books before Kindergarten challenge with our local library and was given this sticker! |
 |
| lost his other front tooth! |
 |
| His fine motor skills are improving so much and he has been drawing pictures. This one was of Josie. :) |
 |
| We (especially Stephen!) worked so hard on the front yard to get rid of plants that were overgrown. |
 |
| five years ago with the same grinch and a different giraffe |
 |
| (hopefully) last church on Google Meets |
 |
| Science Experiement! |
No comments:
Post a Comment