Saturday, May 21, 2016

James' Kindergarten Graduation

We finished up our first year of homeschooling about a week ago (after a week long stomach bug! It was a very difficult week). And since everyone was holding down food finally, we got to go out to eat  to celebrate with Nana and Grandpa on James' last day. We also assembled a gigantic binder as kind of a memory book of all the papers, projects, etc. that  James had done throughout the year. We both loved looking through it together and seeing how much we had accomplished in one short year and how much he had grown (even just his handwriting from beginning to end of the year!). We both had mixed feelings about the first year coming to an end, although we are both happy for a summer break. We've started out our summer break already by fun at the park/lake area, our end of soccer season festival, and I also read Charlotte's web aloud to the boys. James asked for "more Charlotte's Web" every day and we read through it pretty quickly and it brought tears to both of our eyes. We also had James' Kindergarten graduation on Tuesday. He was precious in his cap and gown, and each child was also asked to recite a verse that they had learned from memory this year. I let him pick, and he chose Romans 3:23 and he said it very clearly and confidently! We will continue with homeschooling in first grade. It has proved to be a very good option for our child and our family (with his personality, our set of circumstances, our schedule, et...emphasis on the OUR). And it is just something that I desire to do, and I really am so excited to do! I am getting to put my degree and skills to work with my own child (while still staying home with my littles), and it is very rewarding. People often ask a lot of questions about the "why?" of homeschooling for us or if we think that it's the "best choice."  I think everyone has to truly pray and decide what is best for their particular family, and I think that could even change at different points and places in their/our lives. Freedom and Grace to each mama and family! But at this time in our lives we are excited about another year of schooling James at home, and we have a very exciting year ahead as I look through the curriculum! Jude will also join us with a small 3K curriculum because he is really desiring to do some "school" of his own.  Here are a few of the pictures from his graduation:














No comments: