Friday, April 15, 2016

Joah at 11 Months

My blog is basically becoming a record keeping system for updating Joah's baby book (and the big boys scrapbooks) when I get a second later on. Our life is busy, busy and I'm trying to find a balance or make a balance...whatever that looks like! In ministry we easily could have every, single night full, and so we are having to be intentional to carve away time for our family as well. And when we do, blogging definitely doesn't take precedent. Being intentional in ministering to students and to your own children takes a plan and lots of time. Reaching their hearts, training them, teaching them (just about the important things of life which doesn't even include homeschooling) takes time. Takes work. Takes being fully present. And still I struggle many days with questions like "Is it enough?" and "Am I enough?" in all of these simultaneous roles that God has called me to in this moment. This season. I want to do it all well, but I definitely feel like I am juggling a lot of balls at one time most days. I miss blogging and have lots of thought swirling around in my head about things I could blog, but for now I am content to do write a few little blog-ish posts on my Instagram account primarily about my children.

So, on to Joah's 11 month post so that I can print this and transfer over to his baby book later. :) I can't believe this angel boy is one month away from celebrating his first birthday. It is amazing how fast a year flies by and even more so with our third child. There are so many daily activities and routines already in place when a subsequent baby arrives that time just keeps chugging right along (there is not this surreal pause where time seems to stand still and full attention and focus given to this baby like the first one because there simply can't be!), and it's amazing how this new little person just falls into the patterns and routines of a family as if he were always here. Of course, this new little person can also shake things up a bit, but for the most part Joah has just been a dream baby. I think a baby is a "dream baby" no matter what, just for the record. It's always bugged me a little when people ask if my baby is "good" because they are in a way asking if that baby is convenient for me? And I think God has taught me a lot and grown me in the inconvenient moments of serving and caring for my kids. But, he really has been a happy and easy baby to add into the mix. I would love him no more or no less if he wasn't, but I am thankful for the personality that God has given to him and for the way that he has complimented us. This little missing puzzle piece that we didn't even know was missing!

Happy 11 months, Sweet Jo! I thank God for your sweet smile! I thank God for your happy disposition. As you reach all of these new milestones and you beam from ear to ear when you realize you can stand, clap, wave, and talk now, it is my joy and delight to celebrate with you! I love you forever my Joah boy. And I ask God for a lifetime of celebrating you and your big brothers! I'm soaking in this last month of your baby, baby days and snuggling you and holding you close for as long as I can. I am so glad that God saw fit to bless me with a third, darling little boy. I am so glad that He planned you for us from the beginning of time. I hope that you know with Jesus and with us you always belong.

Here's what's happening with Joah at 11 months (quite a few days late!):

Joah at 11 months:

wearing: mostly 12 month clothing, size 4 diapers

Weight and Height:
Probably around 21 pounds now (just a guess - nothing official this month!)

Appearance: blondish hair sticking straight up and brown/blue eyes still (sometimes they look hazel)

Eating: Nursing on demand still; he is still eating a combination of baby food and table foods. He is enjoying more and more things: pasta, lunch meat turkey, shredded cheese, chunks of soft baked sweet potato, peas, bites of bananas and strawberries, bites of cereal bars, Cheerios, all baby snacks (melts, puffs, etc.), baby yogurt. The other night they were passing out samples at Publix and James shocked me by eating the whole thing (pork, ravioli, and even leeks and artichokes) and saying Publix was his favorite place to eat ever -ha! But Joah was also begging to eat all the noodles as well.

Sleeping: he takes a very brief morning nap (30 mins or less and a few times not at all) and a longer afternoon nap after lunch, he occasionally naps briefly in the evening as well

Interactions/Development: he's getting more confident at moving about and letting go and standing for longer periods. I feel like he will really take off walking very soon. (but whether or not he will take actual steps before his first birthday, I don't know about that...James walked so early but a huge part of that was our ability to just play in the floor all day and with Joah being our third we are busy and on the go more), he can climb up into things low to the ground (and scare me!), he waved "bye bye" this month and moves his arms around excitedly when I have been gone and come back, he is also clapping this month, he still says "mama" and he did say "bubu" one time I think in reference to his brothers. He also said "more" and signed more a few days after turning 11 months old. He has also said "go go" and possibly "book."  He's not talking as much as the other two as this age (from what I can remember anyway) but he has two brothers to talk for him, so I know that's a big part of it. (He is talking more and more since I wrote this originally on the day that he turned 11 months old!) 

Outings: stayed at Nana and Grandpa's while we went out for our anniversary, Let's Play (giant playground and inflatables) and loved the ball pit, first Easter and little egg hunt in our yard 

Things he seems to like: being held, snuggling, being worn in the ergo carrier, bath time, being outside, pacifier, watching and laughing at his big brothers, playing on the floor with toys (his favorite is probably balls and our Melissa and Doug soft toolbox), toothbrushes, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, being tickled or any of us making silly faces and sounds

Things he dislikes: Mama leaving him or being out of sight now (but doing better), not feeding him fast enough (but he is so very patient and waits so well with all that goes on around here)

Health: doing well this month - he did have a major allergy flare up with all the pollen that's out now (He has shown more sign of outdoor/environmental allergies than any of our kids) and his eyes were red and watery; still
just two bottom teeth

Temperament: He's such an easy, laid-back little guy. He is so patient and waits for me in the high chair without crying when I am cleaning up from a meal or working on a task with another child. He is very friendly and loving. Sometimes I feel guilty about my time and attention divided in so my ways, but he is always so happy to go with the flow and loves his Mama (and all of his family) so much. He has the sweetest little laugh and the most squeezable little face and feet.




No comments: