Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Joah at 10 months
Joah at 10 months(better late than never!):
wearing: wearing 12 month clothing, size 4 diapers
Weight and Height:
Probably around 21 pounds now (just a guess - nothing official this month!)
Appearance: blondish hair sticking straight up and brown/blue eyes still
Eating: Nursing on demand still; I didn't think he was big on eating but after he got completely over ear infections and strep throat he started eating very well: baby food fruits and veggies, finger foods, macaroni, scrambled eggs, cheese, yogurt, small pieces of sausage ball, etc!
Sleeping: he still takes several cat naps (in the morning and evening) and his longest nap in the afternoon
Interactions/Development: he's building on all his skills from last month and...he will now let go after pulling up and stand unassisted for a few seconds.
Outings: went with the young adults life discovery classes at church to Snow Mountain/Stone Mountain in Georgia and saw snow for the first time (minus a few flurries one other time)
Things he seems to like: being held, being worn in the ergo carrier, bath time, being outside, pacifier, watching and laughing at his big brothers, playing on the floor, and playing with toys!
Things he dislikes: Mama leaving him or being out of sight now (but doing better)
Health: doing well this month; still
just two bottom teeth
Temperament: He's such an easy, laid-back little guy. We took him to an all-day conference for church on Saturday and he was very quiet, snacked, and slept a couple of times in my arms. Everyone commented on how easy going he was. He's very friendly. He loves going to church or other outings because he loves to smile at everyone one and then hide his face! He is very patient and makes our crazy life a little easier by just going with the flow. He loves his brothers so much and waits every morning for them to tell him hello and smile at him.
Happy 10 months my little Jo! I can't even believe how fast this first year with you is going, and I'm so thankful for how God brought you in his perfect timing to our family. It's amazing to marvel at the similarities between you and your brothers and, yet, delight in all the things that are distinctly you. I've always believed that life is precious and each person is "fearfully and wonderfully made" but the evidence of that in my life as I care for you each day (and your brothers) is just overwhelming, amazing, and awe inspiring and I can't help but praise God for the good, good Father that he is. And for the gift that you are. I love you, Joah. I love you so much. And I pray daily that God would grant me a long, long of lifetime of loving you (and your Daddy and brothers) in all of the big and little moments of life.
Love, Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment