![]() |
| 31 weeks and baby as large as a pineapple (or a small monster truck!) |
| 32 weeks (and they are yelling "taco truck" that we got from a Lowe's kids clinic) |
33 weeks pregnant with Joah!
A few days earlier we had a little scare, and our doctor sent me over to the hospital to be monitored for a few hours and watch contractions. They were able to let me rest and slow things down, but I'm supposed to be "taking it easy" as best I can with two busy boys. All of our boys have done this and I've always progressed early and slowly over weeks/months leading up to my due date, but this is the earliest. We are praying that he will continue to just hang in there until at least full-term (36/37 weeks). My doctor said they would not stop my labor after 34 weeks, but he would likely have to spend some time in the the nicu which we are definitely trying to avoid at all costs.
On the way home from James soccer game Saturday morning, Stephen commented that the trees at the entrance of our neighborhood were already changing (I had told him earlier that week when they first started to bloom that I really wanted to get a few maternity pictures in that spot because it was so beautiful) and realizing the trees were changing and the possibility of Joah coming earlier than expected, we ran home and grabbed the camera and tried our hand at some "maternity" pictures. It's definitely not as relaxing trying to attempt this yourself and I'm sure they are not as professional looking as if we had hired someone, but I was still really happy that we captured some sweet moments (and that all three boys will definitely have some "maternity" shots in their baby/memory books). These are my favorites... (and since my due date is Mother's Day we thought they would also make nice gifts for all the mother's in our life, too, since we will be super busy with a new little life at that point!)
It's so hard to get a good family photo (with the camera on a tripod) but at least we got something...
My friend Sarah offered to come and take one in the next few weeks after the youth retreat for spring break and all the Easter activities at church...
| A few days before our 8th wedding anniversary... What a journey it's been! |






No comments:
Post a Comment