Saturday, February 28, 2015

James' First Super Soccer Saturday!

Chelsea has started their first ever city soccer league and today was James' first day! I'm always nervous about signing him up for sports because I want it to be a great, educational experience for a five year old without all the ugliness that can come along with sports (even at a very young age these days!). But I was so happy with everything about the program! There are some highly experienced and trained coaches working with the kids and it's a non-stop hour of teaching them fundamentals, drills, fun games that teach skills, and a little scrimmage. James has had a natural knack for kicking/dribbling since he was really little and because he has so much energy I thought it would be a great fit as well, and so I've always wanted to live in an area where soccer was offered. He did really well, and I definitely see a natural ability there. And, most importantly, I think he had so so much fun. One thing that he has going for him is that he never gets tired, so he ran the entire time and stayed on top of the ball the whole time. He said he loved it "infinity times more than basketball" and did not want to leave at the end. Here are a few pictures:






No comments: