We've also been preparing for Jude's 1st Birthday Party that is less than a week away now. I chose the book If You Give a Dog a Donut for the theme because Jude was born on National Donut Day last year and also because he seems to really love dogs. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures (that I hope I find time to share) from his picnic brunch celebration (Just a low-key family party this year! Can't wait to have everyone here in the same city!) next weekend. But this weekend we decided to take a few "smash cake" photos in hopes we could capture something sweet...(pun intended!). I like to do things the frugal way: took my own pictures, made the ribbon banner behind him (that we'll also hang on his high chair on Saturday), put a few of the paper lanterns on the floor for some color (we will hang those for the party), and we reused the hat from James' 1st Birthday but changed out the felt dots to match the color scheme, etc. I also made a cake stand out of a candle stick and plate from the Dollar Tree! So simple!
We just bought a glazed donut to use for these picture (so, hopefully his actual cake (shaped like a donut) will still seem like a big surprise to him on Saturday!). He ate some of it, but ended up throwing most of it on the floor and opted for his yogurt and "boo-berries" for breakfast instead!
I'm so happy with how these pictures turned out. I hope you enjoy them as well. :)
![]() |
| He wanted to try on his old party hat too! :) |











2 comments:
This is so awesome! Kassi, you are so creative and great at what you do. Your frugality just warms my heart, too. Can't believe Jude will be one in a few days! Enjoy every second.
Thank you, Julie! It's a labor of love :)
Post a Comment