Monday, February 24, 2014

Jude at 8 Months Old!

I have had a lot of catching up to do on the blog, and one thing I needed to do was to write an 8 month update for Jude's baby book before any more time passes. He'll be 9 months old in about a week!

Wearing: 6-9 month clothing; size 3 diapers

Growth: A rough home estimate is around 20ish pounds at the 8 month mark and between 27 and 28 inches, but we'll get an official measurement at his 9 month appointment.

Sleeping: He takes 2 or 3 naps during the day with the longest one in the afternoon when James naps. He sleeps 10-12 hours at night. He may wake some but quickly resettles. I will continue to nurse him at nighttime if he wants to until he weans, just like I did with James. It's what works for me/us.

Eating: cereal, yogurt, and stage 2 or 3 baby food. He seems to like everything. He eats baby food at least twice a day, and he has been eating lots of finger foods at lunch as I introduce them. The finger foods include pasta, small pieces of waffle, cheerios, gerber snacks, carrots and peas from vegetable soup, and soft fruits such as banana, watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, and mandarin oranges. He looks for little crumbs under the table and on the floor as he crawls around during the day.

Personality: He continues to be content and laid-back. He is starting to show some signs of separation anxiety and fusses a little more than he used to about things he finds upsetting. He is happy, active, and loves to interact with us and especially James. He seems pretty fearless as well.

Teething: He still just has two teeth on the bottom, but I'd be surprised to not see more (it looks like on the bottom) very soon.

Look: He continues to have a lot of similarities to James with his own look too. Right now he has the most squishable cheeks and the shortest little legs. His eyes are dark brown and his new hair is growing in much lighter although we'll have to wait and see if he gets that same blonde hair as his big brother. We continue to think that James has more of his Daddy's look and that Jude has more of mine (and that's what most people typically say), although there are those that say the exact opposite on occasion too. I honestly think they are both a pretty good mix and see us both in each boy at different times and in different ways. His hair definitely seems to be showing some potential for curls, and the humidity definitely helps with that. So, we'll see... :)

New "Tricks": super fast crawler, pulling up, getting into everything, can stand for a few seconds when he's still and not bouncing, definitely cries for "Mama" now, seems to be trying to move his fingers to imitate waving

Happy 8 Months, Jude. I am so thankful for our sweet, stinker baby! You bring us so much joy! I love you forever, my Jude-y Bear!



No comments: