Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sickness and Sweetness

This house has been full of lots of sickness lately but lots of sweetness too. For about the last three weeks, we have seemed to be plagued by sickness: Stephen with a stomach bug, James with a cold that has just hung on forever, I got mastitis (which seems to be a reoccurring problem for me while nursing), and then Jude was not eating well and had what appeared to be thrush from my antibiotic resulting in more medicine for both him and I (which thankfully turned out to be harmless cysts that will resolve on their own). After a few weeks of sickness while Stephen had to continue to work 60+ hours, I was feeling completely stretched. And then when the doctor called in two more prescriptions for the possible thrush (we were already taking what felt like 47 different things!), I felt like I was in emotional breakdown mode. But the Lord always gives us the strength to press on and thankfully the sickness looks like it is almost behind us. With all of the said, we haven't been out and about too much the last few weeks. We've utilized lots of water color, books, board games, and disney movies (when Mama just could not get out of bed!). But in the midst of all the sickness, I've captured lots of sweet pictures, just around the house, of my two precious boys. I thought I'd share a few:


Promise I wont do comparison pictures forever, but this is James in the same outfit at 6 weeks old.





Look closely and you'll see that Jude is smiling at James.






No comments: