Thursday, May 16, 2013

36 Week Update: Baby Coming Soon?


How far along are you? 36 weeks (His estimated due date is just 28 days away!)

Total Weight Gain? 30ish - its true! But feeling good about my diet, exercise, and overall health throughout the pregnancy so just continuing to trust my body is doing what it needs.

How big is the baby? Babycenter says: Your baby, almost 6 pounds and still packing on the pounds at a rate of about an ounce a day, is comparable to a crenshaw melon in size. (Length: more than 18 1/2 inches, head to heel.)




Earlier in the pregnancy, I felt like Jude might end up being a  really big boy but now I'm predicting he'll be about the same size as James at birth.
Maternity Clothes? Yes!

Sleep? Not sleeping as well or as long at this point, but I'm just allowing myself to sleep when I can (no guilt!). I have been taking a nap most days whenever James does since I am not sleeping wonderfully at night and it helps a lot. I'm thinking heartburn definitely has something to do with not sleeping as well (along with going to the bathroom and just a big belly to contend with!). This heartburn is way more intense than it was with James for whatever reason, but, I know, this too shall pass.

Best moment this week? I had a 36 week doctor's appointment today, and I am definitely making quite a bit of progress. I know from my experience with James that it's very possible to walk around at a 4 for 2 weeks without going into labor (because I very much did!), so I take all of this information in with a grain of salt. However, I am also aware that this could mean that he will be coming sooner rather than later as well so I'm definitely going to be prepared (hospital bag and all!) just in case. Hope its not too much information on the blog (feel free to move on to the next questions!) but for my records, I am already at a 2, 50%, and the baby has dropped and she said his head is "very low." We also have a bit of a plan in place after today's appointment, and so Jude will be coming on Tuesday, June 11th (39.5 weeks) if he does not come before then. All of this news and just realizing we are at about three weeks away from meeting him (or less!) is definitely exciting!

Movement? He's still very active, but I can tell he has less space than before to move around.

Food Cravings/Aversions? Fruity, refreshing things like frozen peach fruit bars (this week's little treat from the grocery store!), and I still need real food and lots of protein or my blood sugar just crashes and I get extremely light headed. I'm also completely avoiding fried foods, citrus, caffeine, chocolate, etc. to hopefully help minimize the heartburn from here on out.

Morning Sickness? I'm only sick when I have extreme heartburn. 

Other Symptoms? Contractions much more often now and some pressure and nerve pain (I guess?) shooting down into my legs from his low position.

Gender? A sweet boy! Jude Brooks Johnson! 

What I'm looking forward to: Meeting Jude very soon! I am busy preparing for his arrival (Even helped wash shutters, windows, and cars this week! So I am definitely nesting!), but I know nothing can prepare me for that instant love that comes when he's placed in my arms and my heart grows to love another precious child with the most intense devotion, just like I did with James. I also really looking forward to knowing what he looks like (I always just picture him the way James did as a newborn since he's our only child so far and his newborn look just comes to my mind easily when I daydream about Jude's arrival) and learning everything about him that makes him uniquely him. 

3 comments:

Rachel Rainer said...

So exciting! Can't wait to hear of his arrival and see pictures!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe Jude will be here soon! Seems like you we're just announcing your pregnancy! Prayers for you and your family as you soon become a family of fourYou're going to be so blessed!

The Johnson Family said...

Thank you so much for all of your prayers! We will be excited to share of his arrival!