We have been hard at work the last few weeks in preparation for James' 3rd Birthday Party on Saturday! I have been doing a little bit of work each day which has helped me feel less overwhelmed (and probably been easier since we've been without two cars since the wreck and the ability to go anywhere during the day), and today I have been busy decorating and baking. I've known for a while that we would do a Little Einstein's theme for James' 3rd Birthday. He loves everything about it: the rocket, the missions, and the music! It has quickly become one of his top interests, and although I never thought we'd see the day it is fairly safe to say that it has even found a place in James' heart above Mickey Mouse. It really is an entertaining and educational show. It makes me smile to hear him ask for the "Nutcracker Suite", request that we speak "pianissimo" or walk "adagio" so that we don't wake up the baby in Mama's tummy, or remind us that "the composer of the day is Tchaikovsky" (a mouthful for anyone, let alone an almost three year old!).
The only downfall about his love for Little Einstein's is that it has been replaced in the retail world (and apparently even in Disney World) by Jake and the Neverland Pirates, so they don't really make clothes, toys, or party decorations for this theme anymore unless you pay a pretty penny (most of the time) on eBay. It was fun to get creative though (and goodness knows I'd do anything for this boy to show him that he's loved), and I think we actually might have come out better price-wise by making some Little Einstein's decorations of our own.
I wanted to share a little preview of some of the decorations on the blog before his party tomorrow. Of course, I will post more from the party later since the party is really all about the people anyway. And we're looking forward to having lots of people that love James here with us tomorrow!
The theme is Little Einstein's and we are going to recreate an episode called Mr. Penguin's Ice Cream Adventure. We will be going on a little mission through our house to help Mr. Penguin get the ice cream train to the birthday party!
 |
A "3" door hanger that I made from two wooden "c's" and pom-poms.
I also used the pom-poms to represent ice cream scoops for several of the games that we'll play.
The rocket was a pre-made shape from Hobby Lobby that we altered a bit to look like Rocket. |
 |
| Here is James in front of the birthday banner I've used since his first birthday party and just change the shapes out each year to fit with the theme. |
 |
| Party Favors for the kids - Maracas and Mini-Recorders! (The parents may not love me for this!) |
 |
| A free birthday printable that I found online with more color coordinating pom-poms |
 |
| I will use this book to help recreate the mission. The bucket and shovels are actually for one of the games that we'll play to help Mr. Penguin get to the ice cream party. |
 |
| Printed Little Einstein's characters to go on these fan-type hanging decorations. |
 |
The Rocket Room is where kids will color a 5 foot Discovery Kids Rocket Ship that we found at CVS on sale for $5 before "blasting off" on our mission!
I was so excited about this find! |
 |
| Pinterest Idea - Cookies dipped in white chocolate and covered with sprinkles to look like ice cream cones! |
 |
This wild man gave me a run for my money today (i.e. "hiding in a cave" while eating one of the cupcakes for tomorrow!)
Tomorrow the table will be filled with Chocolate Cinnamon Cupcakes topped with Ice Cream Frosting (he has loved cinnamon since the womb!), Ice Cream Sundaes with M&M's, Chocolate Chips, and Gummy Bear toppings, and Red Rocket Punch to drink. All favorites of mister James! |
 |
| Another Idea I saw on Pinterest - An Ice Cream Cone Balloon Garland. :) |
 |
| Little Einstein Water Bottle Labels |
 |
| A special ice cream cup for James, Birthday Plate for the birthday boy (Stephen and I made it before James was born), and a Little Einstein's globe we found at Goodwill for 5$! |
 |
| One of the games for tomorrow - Pin Mr. Penguin's Ice Cream Train at the top of the Andes Mountains! |
1 comment:
So cute Kassi! Can't wait to see more pictures of his party! Have a great time! Happy Birthday James!
Post a Comment