Friday, January 18, 2013

Snow Day!

We had a little bit of snow here in Alabama yesterday. James hasn't seen snow in two years (the last time was right before his 1st birthday) and while this snow didn't compare to that first snow he had in North Carolina he still seemed to really enjoy it. When I saw the big, huge flakes falling outside we frantically started getting sweatshirts, boots, and hats on as fast as we could because I wasn't sure how long it would last. But it fell for a few hours and was beautiful. :) Before his nap I made the mistake of telling him that the snow would still be on the ground when he woke up. Unfortunately, the sun came out and melted it all away in no time at all. I felt so bad, but he seemed to recover quickly by looking at the pictures and video from the day.

Not my best picture with my eyes half open, but the only one that we have together - our neighbor offered to take one of us both. Notice the AllState jeep in our driveway giving an estimate on our car considered a "total loss." I plan to tell the whole story on the blog when we come to a conclusion in this whole process, but right now I am just thankful that we are all okay and just praying to see the situation through God's eyes as we trust Him to work out all the details. 

Tasting the snow!


This face tugs at my heart like no other! (And he knows it too!)


No comments: