Saturday, December 22, 2012

15 Week Pregnancy Questionnaire


How far along are you? 15 weeks and 2 days

Total Weight Gain? I think around 5-7 pounds (seems to fluctuate)

How big is the baby? somewhere between the size of an apple and an avocado 

Maternity Clothes? Not yet, but I actually really like maternity clothes so I won't mind at all when the time comes to pull them out. 

Sleep? Waking up some at night, but still sleeping pretty well on my stomach or side. I am occasionally napping during the day but I'm not as exhausted as I was during the first trimester. 

Best moment this week? My doctor's appointment to check on the baby and hearing that little heartbeat (the best sound!). I also had a surprise ultrasound, so I loved getting to see our baby's face at this stage. He/She looks so much like James to me. 

Movement? I think I am beginning to feel some movement, but I definitely don't think this baby is as active as James was at this point (maybe personality differences already?). In fact, at James 15 week ultrasound he was moving everywhere and this baby was still and sleeping. :) 

Food Cravings/Aversions? All my aversions are behind me now! I am feeling so good at this point. My cravings are really similar to my cravings with James. Even though I have always been a dessert person, I really could just take them or leave them right now. And I am craving "real food." Just like with James, I love brick cheese, crackers, salads with lots of meat and blue cheese dressing (it's pasteurized, I've checked!), bacon, fruit, and salty things. 

Morning Sickness? My "morning sickness" at night was the last thing to go, but around the 12 week mark the morning sickness was really behind me. I only occasionally feel bad when I am just really exhausted, but for the most part I am feeling great. 

Gender? Our doctor really surprised me yesterday when she offered to do an extra ultrasound to check on the gender early. I mentioned when we were talking that we had found out  the gender at 15 weeks with James, and she said "Well, do you want to go check now?" I was shocked, but, of course, said "Yes!" I did have the surprise ultrasound, but the umbilical cord was covering the necessary parts and this baby was sound asleep. So, unfortunately we didn't get to find out but I did get to see the sweetest pictures of his/her little face. We will go back for the planned anatomy scan in 3 weeks! We are all making our predictions around here though. James: he is still adamantly insisting this baby is his "girl-ta" and nothing else, Kassi: Definitely have been feeling it's a boy the last few weeks, and Stephen: changes his mind every day but today he says "boy." So, we will see in 3 weeks. But, honestly, we (well, besides James) really do not have a preference. I will be so excited either way. 

What I'm looking forward to: Our next ultrasound in January and finding out the gender of the baby and beginning to call the baby by name; finding a fun way to announce the gender of the baby to our friends/family. We have thought about waiting until everyone is in town for James' 3rd Birthday but we would have to wait 3 weeks for that, and I'm not sure if I will be able to wait that long. We will see... :)

Here is my 15 week "bump" picture. It's not too apparent yet but I can definitely see the change.  I think I took pictures every week with James from this point on, so I thought I'd go ahead and take the first one with this baby. I'm sure I won't be as diligent about doing it every week, but I want this baby to have some pictures inside Mama's tummy as well. :)

No comments: