I took James with me to vote this morning, and I think he had a lot of fun getting to "participate" in the process and he even got his own "I Voted" sticker for being such a good helper! We have been talking about the election coming up just a little bit with him -- although we weren't sure how much he would understand. We told him about his grandfathers and great-grandfathers that had served our country in different branches of service. We talked about the importance of voting for the leader of our country, but how God is the one that is ultimately in control. We talked to him about the sanctity of life (in words he could hopefully understand). We told him that he would get to make his own decision in 16 years and even drive his own car to go vote - he liked that part a lot!
The last few days he has been telling us that we are going to vote for "the man with the happy heart" on Tuesday. I love to hear things from his perspective! I'm glad he is already learning the responsibility and privilege of living in a country where we are able to vote -- and regardless of the outcome today, we can rest in knowing that God is sovereign and in control and the ultimate authority and ruler over all. I'm glad that James is already understanding the value and importance of the heart as well. Here are a few pictures of our voting for "the man with the happy heart" day!

No comments:
Post a Comment