James constantly makes me laugh. Every day he is coming up with something new, and it is still amazing to me that this little boy that was just brand new two years ago now has the capacity to say such funny things. I also realize that I'm his Mama and I probably find it to be way cuter, funnier, more brilliant, and (insert other appropriate adjectives) than anyone else. I am aware that I am bordering on becoming that Mom. I do. But for memory's sake, I want to write it all down still. (Even if you are secretly accusing me of being one of those moms that always talks about her kid! ha!)
Just a few of his cute/funny things he's always saying at the moment:
- "What's thaaaaaaaat, Mama?" He asks that about just about everything now - the bug, the speck of dirt on the floor, the blemish on my face, the man trying to discretely make an exit for the bathroom in church...you get the picture.
- "No, wait!" When I tell him that I'm leaving the room for a minute, and he wants to come too.
- "Come Ont (on)!" I guess we've used this one with him a lot. This morning I asked him where he'd like to lay down to have his diaper changed and he grabbed a handful of toys and said so matter of factly, "bed, blanket room, come ont!"and ran down the hall.
- "I need you, Mama" if he's scared or unsure. This one's just sweet.
- "Hiiiiiii Daaaaddy!" so loud and excitedly. Its also very cute.
- "Careful Baby!" Little imitator! And I will try to get my need to say "careful baby" under control by the time he's playing high school football but I can't make any promises. :)
- He imitates me looking for things. He'll say "is it under the bed? Nooooo. Is it under the pillow? Noooooo." Then after looking several places he'll say, "I can't find it anywhere."
- When we ask him a question he will often begin with "welllll" or "hmmmmm" or "ummmmm" before answering. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree(s).
- Because he was delayed in taking to solid foods because of his reflux and in the beginning he choked a lot, with certain foods I always remind him to "chew it really good." When he eats fruit snacks, he'll look at me and say "chew it really good." And the other day when I was eating fruit snacks, he looked at me and told me to "chew it really good!" :)
- Because he is two years old, the answer to a lot of questions is "unh-unh." He is also quick to tell us "Unh-unh, I don't like it celery" (or whatever the thing is that he doesn't want/like of the moment). It is often frustrating in the moment but frustratingly cute at times as well.
- "I want 'bis' (this) one." And sometimes when he is being very persistent, he will point and say over and over "bis one. bis one. bis one!"
- It really made me laugh that he would always say "I want to go to Dr. (his pediatrician's name) more" when we asked him if he wanted to go to the dentist (see post below). Just one of those things that he says that makes me ask "where does he come up with this stuff?"
- After coming out of a public bathroom, he announced very loudly that "Mama goes pee-pee." Slightly embarrassing...but I'm sure it won't be the last time.
- When his cousin Jonathan (age 3) was visiting, Jonathan told his Mom he wanted to eat a "big bar like James." (He remembered that James likes to eats cereal bars.) I then asked James what he wanted to eat and he said "a bigger bar!"
- After church last night, he told us several times that "Jesus comes back!" and looked around like he was looking for Him as he was telling us.
I know that James is a normal, little two year old boy but he's my typical little two year old. And so every little word and funny story out of his lips is so precious to me. And I don't want to forget these things (and I know I could never remember it all)! The amazing thing about being a Mama is that you never forget where their life first started in the midst of watching them change and transform right before you. In each new stage, I still catch a glimpse of that brand new baby that was first placed on my chest and it makes this parenting journey all the more amazing. There's just something about remembering the very beginning while you watch, from a front row seat, where they are headed. There's no denying that this little life just tugs at my heart strings like nothing else.
Thanks for letting me share. Thanks (again) for letting me be one of those moms.
4 comments:
Kassi! I'm so glad I found this! I've been trying to get in touch with you and Stephen for so long!
Hey Anna! Hope you are doing well. :) We are taking a little social media break for a while. Hope everything is wonderful with you!
I'm fine. :) I've been meaning to tell you and Stephen that I was accepted into the Fuge SLA program this summer.
That's awesome! You will have a great time! Our numbers are still the same, so please know you can call us anytime!
Post a Comment