I just wanted to share some books that I have recently read, am in the middle of reading, or will be reading soon in the New Year that I would recommend.
- Choosing Forgiveness by Nancy Leigh DeMoss (I read this around Thanksgiving and would highly recommend it!)
- A Love that Multiplies by the Duggars. (I know everyone has their opinion on the Duggars, but a friend recommended this one to me and so I began reading it in the car on the way to visit my family in SC for Christmas and it was honestly hard to put it down. While I may not choose to make all the same decisions that they have, I was very inspired and encouraged by their faith, love and service to others, and by their obvious desire to please God with their lives.
- What Women Fear by Angie Smith (I am in the middle of this one now, but it is an excellent book. Fear has often been a stronghold in my life, and it is something that I want to overcome through Jesus.)
- The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson (I am also in the middle of this one, and it is excellent. Sally Clarkson is an amazing encouragement to mothers, and I love all of her books!)
- The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones (I had heard so many great things about this children's Bible for so long that I put it on James' wish-list for Christmas this year and was very happy that my Mom got it for him. It really is awesome and I would highly recommend it. I have been reading him one story each day and sometimes find myself crying while reading them. While it is very age appropriate and broken up into familiar stories from both the Old and New Testament, the stories are not fragmented and the author does an amazing job of explaining the significance of each event/story and connecting it to the bigger picture and ultimately to Jesus. It is wonderful!)
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett (I saw the movie during our Christmas travels and was so excited to find a copy at the library last week! I know I'll laugh and cry all over again and remember how much more I prefer a book to a movie. ha!)
- Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman (I added this to my kindle quite a while ago, but am looking forward to hopefully reading it soon.)
- Sacred Influence by Gary Thomas (This was highly recommended by a pastor's wife that said how much she wished she had read this book earlier in her marriage. I can't wait to read it.)
- Boundaries in Marriage by Cloud and Townsend (Another Christmas gift that I know will encourage and challenge me.)
- Colossians (Stephen and I are both reading this book right now and wanting to commit some to memory.)
- Maisy's Fire Engine and Maisy's Train by Lucy Cousins (James loves all the Maisy books and so does his Mama!)
What about you? What books are on your list to read this year?
4 comments:
Hey Kassi! I love your book list. I read Choosing to See by MaryBeth Chapman and I really enjoyed it. I read Angie Smith's first book about losing her daughter right after Will died. I actually got to meet with her a few months ago. She is awesome. I want to read What Women Fear by her as well.
I just read Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis. Eye opening and humbling book! I have started Shepherding a Chid's Heart and Don't Make Me Count to Three. I should have read those last two, a year ago. Oh well.
Rachel
Rachel, Thanks for all the suggestion! I am so behind on reading too! We'll catch up eventually, I guess. :) I heard Katie Davis speak recently and was so encouraged by her story - I will have to add that book to my list!
Hi Kassi! It has been forever since I have written but I loved your book reading list. Quite a few were similiar and the others were good suggestions. I am also reading Loving the Little Years by Rachel Yankovic and Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I recommend both of those:) Hope you are doing well...can you believe our boys will be two this winter?
Thanks for the great suggestions, Robin! Hope you are doing well. You have to do an update on your blog soon. :)
Post a Comment