- try and entice him to eat cheerios and pretzels by putting them in the cargo car attached to his train.
- know all the words to the Thomas and Friends songs and have them playing in my head at all times never knowing when I will burst into song.
- memorize the names of the engines from Thomas and Friends and Chuggington (and there are a lot!) just so I could talk to him about them.
- look for grasshoppers and lizards daily and be genuinely disappointed on days that we never found any.
- kiss, rock, and give milk to toy dinosaurs, plastic ants, and various modes of transportation.
- say "thank you" for handing me his gift of pebbles found on top of the sewer cover!
- laugh when he learned the word "booger" (let alone, even say "booger" or "poop")
- cheer about "pee pee" and "poo poo" and give high fives for potty attempts.
- make noises like animals, trains, and fire trucks.
- be relieved that he ate bacon bits because he had some form of "meat" for that day...
- use the word "tender" daily and not in reference to anything sentimental or food related.
- ask him to "just wipe it on Mama's pants..."
- catch throw up in my hands and be glad I did just so I didn't have to wash the sheets one. more. time.
- double as an airplane and horsie daily.
- think a slobbery kiss was the sweetest thing.
- eat food that had been licked or fallen on the floor just so I didn't have as much to clean up.
- become such an avid golfer or football player.
I didn't know...but, boy, do I love it all. I'm so thankful for the little boy that tugs on his Mama's heart with every word and giggle.
4 comments:
Love this post! Ain't life (as a mama) grand? Hardest but BEST job I've ever had. You're doing an amazing job, Kassi!
It is, Julie! I can't believe how much T is growing! I loved the photo both pictures of you guys. :) You are the best!
Kassi!! I'm sorry to be leaving a random comment on a random blog post but I've been trying to reach your husband forever but it seems I've lost all connections to him. Would you please tell him email me with his new contact info. You guys are awesome:)
No problem! I will let him know and get him to contact you soon! :)
Post a Comment