I had a wonderful, second mother's day, and Stephen and James made me feel so loved and appreciated today. Here are some of the highlights of the day: Stephen made me coffee and orange rolls for breakfast, we worshipped together as a family, we went out to lunch at a mexican restaurant (for those of you that know me well, I am not a huge fan of mexican food but some of my other choices were very crowded and when we walked by this restaurant it smelled so good that I decided we should stay. Stephen was so shocked and surprised that his wife chose mexican food on Mother's Day. He told me later that he was afraid the whole time we were eating that I was going to end up regretting my decision, but I really enjoyed it. He kept asking, "Is this actually father's day?" and we joked that I would take him out to brunch on father's day for quiche and muffins! ha!), Stephen got me a cookbook that I really wanted and James (and Stephen) started a "Mama Book" for me that was filled with blank pages that James and our other children can draw pictures in or write letters to me throughout the years on Mother's Day and other special holidays (I am excited to see how the book will grow throughout the years and see the story that will be told on those pages), and Stephen made me kentucky derby pie for dessert.
It was a great, relaxed day as a family! I ate way too much good food and just enjoyed the presence of my boys! I couldn't think of a better gift!
I pray all of you mothers had a Happy Mother's Day. And for the Moms that have experienced great loss or for those of you that are praying and waiting for children, please know that I have thought of you and prayed for you today.
It was a great, relaxed day as a family! I ate way too much good food and just enjoyed the presence of my boys! I couldn't think of a better gift!
I pray all of you mothers had a Happy Mother's Day. And for the Moms that have experienced great loss or for those of you that are praying and waiting for children, please know that I have thought of you and prayed for you today.
Here are a few pictures from Mother's Day 2011:
No comments:
Post a Comment