Tuesday, May 10, 2011

James' First Haircut

Although I was dreading the day, after a week of seeing hair hang in James' eyes I knew that it was past time for his first haircut. Stephen and I took him this morning to a place in Wake Forest designed especially for kids. There was a slide, train table, and lots of other toys in the waiting area.  There were fun chairs shaped like tractors and animals to sit in during the haircut,  and there was a TV and DVD player at each hair cutting station. It was very kid friendly!

We let him sit in a tractor chair and brought a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD from home to watch while he got his haircut. He also held a tractor in each hand. But as soon as Ms. Deborah (who was very good with him) began to put the haircutting cape around him, he was ready to be done with his first haircutting experience. He definitely shed quite a few tears and tried to climb out of the chair multiple times, but it was over in no time. I didn't even have a chance to get emotional, because I stayed so busy trying to keep him calm. It is a little sad for me to see one more little bit of baby gone, but he definitely looks like a handsome big boy with his new haircut.

He got to play at the train table for a while longer while they printed out his First Haircut Certificate and also put his picture (of him looking not so happy) up on the wall with all the other First Haircut photos. And I definitely scooped up his precious blonde locks before we left to put in his baby book!

Here are some pictures from his first haircut. Enjoy! :)


Before the haircut (watching some Mickey Mouse):



During the haircut (and not loving it) :(


After his first haircut - What a handsome boy!


Our big boy!

No comments: