I wanted to share the pictures that we took for our Fourth Anniversary, because they really make me laugh. I guess after 4 years it's safe to say that we've now made a tradition out of taking an anniversary picture on the same chair in the same pose (you can see the other 3 in the post below). I don't know how long we'll continue on with this yearly tradition. We were joking about whether or not we would still take one on our 50th anniversary or if we would be too stiff and too old to be able to get onto the chair (or if the chair would even survive the years of raising children). It's actually fun to look at them all together and see how much our lives have changed (or how much we have aged from lack of sleep - haha!) from year to year.
We wanted James to be in the picture like last year. However, he really did not want to cooperate. He was irritable from teething, not wanting to be held down, and desperately wanting the tower of nesting blocks (we were using as a tripod) that the camera was resting on. We set the camera for self-timer mode and tried our best to get in position before the timer went off. Stephen ran to the camera to see how they turned out and warned me that "they were not very good." And he was right...definitely not picture perfect, but strangely perfect still. I didn't even want to take another one. They represent a memory and a moment in time. They are incredibly honest. They are a snapshot of our life at the moment (I didn't even ask him to edit out the dark circle or blemishes this year!). And I love them! This is our real life...far from perfect but perfectly wonderful still!
We wanted James to be in the picture like last year. However, he really did not want to cooperate. He was irritable from teething, not wanting to be held down, and desperately wanting the tower of nesting blocks (we were using as a tripod) that the camera was resting on. We set the camera for self-timer mode and tried our best to get in position before the timer went off. Stephen ran to the camera to see how they turned out and warned me that "they were not very good." And he was right...definitely not picture perfect, but strangely perfect still. I didn't even want to take another one. They represent a memory and a moment in time. They are incredibly honest. They are a snapshot of our life at the moment (I didn't even ask him to edit out the dark circle or blemishes this year!). And I love them! This is our real life...far from perfect but perfectly wonderful still!
Happy Fourth Anniversary!!
I wonder all the ways we'll change in this next year?...
No comments:
Post a Comment