Not too long ago I blogged about the book The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson and the profound impact that reading it had on me as a new mother. It left me feeling encouraged and challenged in this call to motherhood - that I would make the most of every moment in this time of my life (and James' life) and strive every day to parent him in a way that honors and glorifies Jesus Christ. I know that she also has several other books that I have added to my reading wish list (and can't wait to get my hands on!) as well. :)
I also recently found her blog and have been so encouraged as a young mother by her writings full of both her own experiences as a mother but also grounded in God's Word. The main thing that I struggle with as a young mother (and maybe some of you can relate) is that I lack perspective. I do not know how the decisions that I make today will impact James in the future. I know that they will impact him and have a part in shaping the person that he is becoming, and so I just pray that God will help me and give me wisdom to make the choices that are best for him. I found this post that she wrote today very encouraging and challenging and so I wanted to share it with all of you.
We all need an advocate in our lives. Who better to be an advocate for our children than us - their own mothers (or fathers)? I pray that I would be an advocate for every child that God entrusts to me in this life and that I would be able to effectively reach their hearts. I pray that they would not choose obedience because they feel that I am policing them or demeaning them into making the "right" choices, but that I would encourage them as they grow in obedience so that they would desire and long to live a holy life of obedience to God. There is also an opportunity to win one of her books by sharing this particular post on your facebook page, twitter, or personal blog. I hope it will be an encouragement to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment