Friday, January 22, 2010

I can't believe that's me...


This is really me at 37 weeks with 6 pounds 9 ounces of sweet baby boy inside. I kept looking at this picture last night and saying over and over "I can't believe that's me..." It is shocking to see the changes that your body goes through during the course of a pregnancy but I am so very thankful for the privilege to be the one to get to do it. I have felt great and really enjoyed the last nine months. I've enjoyed carrying our little guy everywhere with me, have enjoyed our conversations, and have actually loved ALL of his little punches and pushes. I am also looking forward to him being here soon - carrying him everywhere in my arms instead of my belly and having the opportunity to hear him talk back in sweet baby language. This past Monday we got to find out James' current weight and see him on our final ultrasound. He is so incredibly crowded now and we really couldn't make out any features! The doctor said for a first baby I'm making really good progress. Based on that report and just the changes I've been experiencing, Stephen and I feel like he could be here soon. Maybe even in January. But we'll wait and see. God's timing is perfect and we are content to let him come in the Lord's time. We go back to the doctor again on Monday so maybe we'll know more then. Thank you for your continued prayers for the three of us!




No comments: