We will never forget the Spring of 2020. We were called to Connie Maxwell Baptist Church and Children's Home (our dream job) at the beginning of March. Stephen read his letter of resignation to our church in Ehrhardt on the following Sunday and just a few days later the world as we knew it had begun to change/close down due to the Coronavirus and we worked out the remainder of his notice from home/online sermons. We moved into temporary housing in Greenwood at the children's home at the end of March, Josie was born a few weeks later at 37 weeks 6 days (after several hospital visits and one to stop my labor the night before our move), and a week later we closed on our house in Greenwood and moved again (when she was eight days old)...and all during a worldwide pandemic! We will never ever forget this time: the highest highs, more fear than I remember having in my lifetime trying to stay healthy during a move at 9 months pregnant (I was told by my doctor that they would take my baby away should I test positive for the coronavirus and I would be separated from her for two weeks), so much uncertainty, etc....just all the major life events happening all in one month's time! Here are some of the highlights in pictures:
 |
| Haircut the day salons shut down |
 |
| last night in Ehrhardt |
 |
| moving day |
Dad and Mare came to visit and bring Josie's carseat to the temp house but we all stood 6 feet away...
 |
| virtual baby shower present opening with my mom and sis on FaceTime |
 |
| Lots of walking at Grace Park in Greenwood before Josie came |
 |
| OBGYN appointments in the spring of 2020 with masks |
 |
| we continued to work on school |
Easter Celebrations:
We put on our Easter outfits and took pictures even though we worshiped at home this year. They ended up being very good maternity pictures (since I was not able to have any made professionally due to the virus) - self-timer set up on a trashcan for our family shot (and James took the one with Stephen and I)!
 |
| our last walk at Grace Park (I went into labor labor that night) |
No comments:
Post a Comment